I thought I would add a note of areas of personal interest or textiles I wish to do personal research on whether in learning log or in sketch books or both:
- Secular art – particularly Middle Ages through to late Elizabethan
- Textiles including clothing and needlework of any nature from Middle Ages to late Elizabethan plus European textiles of a similar period.
- Architecture throughout history that can be inspiration for textiles if possible.
- New Ross Tapestry in Southern Ireland
- Bayeaux Tapestry
- National Arboretum Memorial – the art and sculptures and the artists behind them
- Any Japanese and Chinese textiles and art throughout history – (note to myself is that I need to find a focus)
- Faberge plus art and textiles of the early 20th century Russia
- Native American art – looking towards Floridian tribes more than northern
- Early impressionists
This is just very much a starting point for ideas and possible themes over time.
I also have an interest in developing a visual voice for emotional feelings on illness but will see how this develops with my progression through the course.